My ten posts on this blog that get have the lowest average weekly traffic.
Why a bottom 10 and not a top ten? Surely showcasing the better, more popular blogs would be smarter? I’ve never been one to equate popularity with quality. Sure, some may be popular because they are quality, so may be popular because they contain the words “Doctor Who” or “Shower Scene” and so get more hits. But the popular ones are already getting traffic, the unpopular ones are the ones that need the boost.
There are two main ways to determine popularity (or a lack of) total views or the average weekly views. Now, the total views favours the older posts. One view a week for a twenty weeks is gets better results an entry from last week that gets nineteen views. I don’t like that idea. So, I’ve gone for a weekly average. That does preference newer posts that have the burst of views from their first week… but isn’t as skewed. Any anyway, if they do that badly, their results will have settled down by the next time I do this.
At this stage I’ve done 21 posts (a few more with meta stuff, but I’m excluding them), but I’m excluding the too new 21st post, and concentrating on the first twenty. As such these bottom twenty are half the posts, it’s not like all of them have done too badly.
The list goes from lowest average (10) to best (1)
- Looking at the Evil Overlord list.
- Should you hire deformed mutants and oddball psychotics?
- 10 Top Ten Lists I’ve created on this and other blogs.
- Should you wait until a weapon without exploitable flaws or use one that has flaws.
- Take a “Things You Didn’t Know About…” challenge.
- The best lists of the best final girls from horror films.
- Making money from a phone poll about stupid laws is easy when you use fake stupid laws.
- Recruiting underbosses.
- Can you rule the world and fear being spat on?
- Just because a word shares the same root as a dirty word doesn’t make it one.
- Challenged to a fight to the death? Refuse or not?
- Overthinking the Evil Overlord is now Evil Overlord List Redux at Super Villain Advice.